About Us: Green Efforts
A delicate chain of barrier islands like nowhere on earth, the unique characteristics of the Outer Banks give them an unmatched majesty providing guests with some of the most pristine beaches in the world. At Seaside Vacations, we know that our greatest asset is our environment and we are committed to preserving the natural beauty of the beaches we call home so that everyone can enjoy the Outer Banks for years to come. Because "going green" never goes out of style...
Our day-to-day office practices include recycling as well as the use of recycled paper products.
With our keyless entry properties, guests will be able to save gas (and therefore reduce auto emissions) by avoiding the added drive to the check-in office.
Guest/Owner Correspondence & Amenities
From guest communication to homeowner updates, we are continually reducing our dependance on paper for guest and owner correspondence.
- Personalized Vacation Guide – Our knowledgeable vacation specialists individually select homes, based on the guests’ needs, and create a personalized “mini-brochure” that can be e-mailed to the guest. Request your own Personalized Vacation Guide.
- Electronic Leases – Guest leases are now executed online and sent via e-mail using an electronic signature option...reducing paper waste and providing convenience.
- Guest Correspondence – For every guest that provides their e-mail address, we send their pre-arrival information and their post-departure survey electronically. Payment confirmations and/or reminders are also e-mailed whenever possible.
- Guest Amenity Bag – Seaside Vacations guests receive a complimentary "guest amenity bag" when they arrive to their rental home. This grocery tote is made of recycled materials and contains starter materials of toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, a sponge and soap.
- Electronic Homeowner Newsletter – Our homeowner newsletter is sent via e-mail to our owners.
From recycling to in-house processes and more, we continually seek to understand our impact, improve our business practices and find more ways to reduce our carbon footprint. If you have any suggestions or ideas that would help us reduce our impact on the environment, please e-mail us.