Saturday, October 16, 2021
When it comes to fun events on the Outer Banks, the Outer Banks Seafood Festival is definitely one you don’t want to miss! Held in October, the 9th annual Outer Banks Seafood Festival will take place at The Soundside Event Site in Nags Head and celebrates the history and heritage of the OBX seafood industry while embracing everything incredible about the Outer Banks: fresh seafood, local vendors, and gorgeous water views!
Visitors will enjoy live entertainment and a plethora of events including cooking demonstrations, educational programs, marine exhibits, arts & crafts, and the popular fish toss competition. On top of all the entertainment, visitors get to indulge in delicious, fresh seafood and tasty beverages provided by the very best local restaurants, breweries, and wineries. There will also be plenty of non-seafood options for those who prefer turf over surf. Dozens of vendors will also be on site selling local goods and merchandise.
This event is held rain or shine so make sure you come properly dressed for the weather! October is a wonderful time on the Outer Banks where temperatures are fairly moderate and perfect for being outdoors. Last year, the average temperature in October was about 72 degrees with the high reaching 88 and the low reaching 56 degrees.
People’s Choice Award - Presented by TowneBank
Not only do visitors get to sample some of the finest seafood dishes prepared by talented local chefs but they also get a chance to pick their favorite dish! The first 7500 attendees to the event are given a voting card in which they will vote for their favorite restaurant at the festival. Voting closes by 4:30 in the afternoon and the winner of the “People’s Choice Award – Best Local Dish” will be announced after 5:00.
2021 Outer Banks Seafood Festival Details
Event: 9th Annual Outer Banks Seafood Festival Presented by TowneBank, Duke Energy, Piedmont Natural Gas and the Outer Banks Visitors Bureau
Date: Saturday, October 16, 2021
Time: 10:30 AM to 6:00 PM
Location: The Soundside Event Site (6800 S. Croatan Hwy. Nags Head, NC 27959 – MP 16.5 on the bypass). Directions and Parking can be found here.
Line-Up: Gates open at 10:30 AM and Opening Ceremonies begin at noon. Remaining schedule can be found here.
- General Admission tickets: $15.00 for anyone 13 and over. Children 12 and under get in free. Tickets may be purchased here.
- Admission includes the following:
- $10 in Beverage/Merchandise Bucks good for the purchase of beverages and festival merchandise.
- Free off-site parking
- Free shuttle to and from festival
- All entertainment, educational programs and exhibits
- VIP Admission tickets: $170 VIP Package includes 4 admission tickets, $40 in Beverage/Merchandise Bucks, 4 festival T-shirts, Reserved parking. Limited VIP packages available. Tickets may be purchased here.
FOOD VENDORS WILL BE COLLECTING THEIR OWN MONIES THIS YEAR (no Seabucks needed for food purchases)
Age Restrictions: There is no age restriction, but children must be accompanied by a paying adult. Adults should bring photo ID as there will be alcohol available for purchase.
There is no on-site parking at this festival. Instead, free off-site parking is provided along with shuttles to take you back and forth that run about every 30 minutes. Off-site parking will be at the following locations:
- Blue Lot: Whalebone Park (7200 S. Virginia Trl. Nags Head) 10:00 - 7:00
- Gold Lot: Nags Head Elementary School (3100 S. Wrightsville Ave. Nags Head) 10:00 - 6:30
- Purple Lot: First Flight High School (100 Veterans Dr. Kill Devil Hills) 10:00 - 7:00
- *Handicap Parking and VIP Ticket Holder Parking Only* Former Pamlico Jack's Restaurant (6708 S. Croatan Hwy. Nags Head - just north of the festival site). 10:00 - 7:00
- For additional parking details, parking lot hours, and shuttle bus rules, see Festival Parking Info.
Restroom Facilities: Port-o-potties available on site.
Food & Drink Vendors: Several vendors will be on site. Vendor list still TBD.
Merchandise/Craft/Non-Profit Vendors: Several vendors will be on site. Vendor list still TBD.
Live Entertainment - 2021’s festival includes live musical entertainment by several performers.
- Out'N the Cold
- Southern English Band
- Johnny Waters Band
- No More Room Band
- The Patriot Band
Not Allowed in Venue
- Pets (with the exception of service animals)
- Outside Food or Beverages
- Pop-up Tents
- Weapons of any type (pocket knives, multi-tools, pepper spray, etc).
What You Should Bring
- Photo ID
- Blankets/Towels/Chairs (for viewing area of entertainment stage)
- Cash or MC/Visa/Discover in order to purchase beverages and merchandise
- Your Appetite!
Note: Vendors and festival line-up for this event are still being determined. Be sure to bookmark this page to learn new information as it is updated. Tickets are on sale now and are available online and at various retail outlets throughout the OBX. Tickets can also be purchased at the festival the day of the event.