2019 Bluegrass Island Festival
by Jessie S.
The Outer Banks is home to so many wonderful events, and perhaps the most well-known event is the annual Outer Banks Bluegrass Island Festival. Located right on the water at Roanoke Island Festival Park, bluegrass lovers come together every year for a 3-day festival of food, fun, and mountain music by the sea. Kick back on the stunning waterfront festival park with your friends and family and enjoy the sounds of the country’s finest bluegrass performers like Rhonda Vincent & the Rage, Seldom Scene, Joe Mullins & the Radio Ramblers, Nothin’ Fancy and Town Mountain, just to name a few! With dozens of local restaurant and merchandise vendors, you’ll also get to enjoy great food and do some shopping between sets.
This year’s festival begins on May 16th and runs through May 19th with a free “kickoff” event held on Wednesday, May 15th at the Bluegrass Island Trading Co. Tickets are now on sale but they do sell out fast so make your travel arrangements as early as possible.
If you still need lodging for the event, our Nags Head Vacation Rentals are not far from the festival park and feature amenities like elevators, private pools, hot tubs, and multiple bedrooms! If you have a smaller party attending the festival, consider one of our oceanfront condos before you book a hotel – not only is it more cost-efficient, but you still get to enjoy all the convenience and amenities of a beach house like an incredible ocean view and a full-sized kitchen.
Outer Banks Bluegrass Island Festival
Event: 2019 Bluegrass Island Festival
Date: May 15 – 18, 2019 (Kickoff event on the 15th held at Bluegrass Island Trading Co. begins at 5:00 PM)
Time: Gates open at 11 AM
Location: Roanoke Island Festival Park (1 Festival Park, Manteo, NC 27954)
- Wednesday, May 15th: Iron Horse, High Fidelity, Scythian
- Thursday, May 16th: Heidi & Ryan, The Farm Hands, Summer Brooke & Mountain Faith, Nothin’ Fancy, Rhonda Vincent & the Rage
- Friday, May 17th: Amanda Cook, Kevin Prater Band, Trinity River Band, Joe Mullins & the Radio Ramblers, Seldom Scene
- Saturday, May 18th: Gospel Plowboys, Deer Creek Boys, Darin & Brooke Aldridge, Po’ Ramblin Boys, Town Mountain
Cost: Early-Bird Prices good through end 1/9/2019.
- General Admission Single Day Pass: $40.00 per day
- General Admission 3-Day Festival Pass: $99.00
- 3-Day VIP Reserved Seating & Parking 3-Day Pass: $250.00
- All Access Backstage VIP Pass: $350.00
*All tickets are mailed.
Parking: Free parking through downtown Manteo is very limited. A Park & Shuttle is available at the Fort Raleigh National Historic Site to shuttle you back and forth for the event.
Food & Drink Vendors:
- The Jolly Roger Restaurant
- Stripers Bar & Grille
- Sugar Creek Seafood Restaurant
- Darrell’s Seafood Restaurant
- Sooey’s BBQ & Rib Shack
- OBX Frozen Yogurt
- Tony's Ice Cream
- Kernel Kettle Corn
- Mackey's Ferry Peanuts
- Jacmel Bay
- Wildwood SoapWorks
- Color Street Nails
- Fairy Hair
- Westmoreland Wares
- Carolina Divas
- C.I. Soap Works
- Artwork Prints
- Martha Crow Guitar Straps
- Sokiss Designs
- Flipside Jewelry
- OBX Creative Souls
- Forever Bird Homes & More
- Gordon's Glass Gallery
- Beaded Beauties
Not Allowed in Venue:
- Pets (with the exception of certified service animals)
- Pop-up tents
- Canopy chairs
- Outside food & drink
For more information, visit http://www.bluegrassisland.com/.
Jessie has been coming to the Outer Banks since she was just 5 years old. She loved it here so much that she finally relocated in 2018. Now her mission is to show the world that the Outer Banks is an incredible place that everyone should experience. When she isn't working, you can find Jessie hanging out with her friends, chilling at home with her awesome cat, Yoji, or discovering a new Outer Banks adventure.