Mexican Shrimp Tostadas Recipe
- Cooking oil
- 4 (6 in.) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 20 large shrimp, peeled, de-veined, cooked and chilled
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 16 thin wedges
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a skillet, heat 1/2 inch of oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Fry the tortillas, one at at time, for 2 minutes or until cripsy, turning once. Drain on paper towel-lined baking sheet.
- Place one tortilla on each of 4 serving plates. Top with some lettuce and 1/4 of the beans.
- Arrange 4 or 5 shrimp in a circle over the beans. Sprinkle shrimp with lime juice.
- Arrange 4 tomato wedges on eacht ortilla and top with a tablespoon of the sour cream.
- Serve with salsa.