Outer Banks Bucket Lists: Top 10 Spots Where I Send My Family & FriendsLast week I shared a fun idea for OBX Summer Bucket Lists, and that post gave me an idea for a new blog series; Outer Banks Bucket Lists. Perfect right? The OBX has so much to see and do that it's impossible to fit everything in. So, let's share some great "bucket lists" of must-do's and great advice/tips for those trying to make the most of their time...whatever that might mean to you on your OBX getaway.
I've recruited some help from Seaside Vacations staff and friends and over the next few weeks/months/years :), I'll be sharing a wide variety of fantastic Outer Banks Bucket Lists . Stay Tuned!
Today's list comes to us courtesy of Ms. Colleen, who also happens to contribute fantastic Outer Banks restaurant reviews - OBX Eats... read it, seriously. :)
- The Wright Memorial, at dusk - watch the sun set where man took flight!
- Jockey’s Ridge, at dusk - one of the best spots for sunset watching on the entire OBX.
- Ocracoke - it’s a great day trip and includes a free Ferry ride!
- Dare County Relay for Life Carnival (in mid-May)
- May through August is sea turtle nesting season. If you are in town and are vacationing near an identified nest, sit there every night if you are able. Sea turtles are endangered species and the hatching process is a miracle to experience.
- Corolla to gawk at beautiful homes, and there are some doozies! (Does Tom Cruise still have a house up there?)
- Carova (4x4 area) to see wild horses and drive on the beach
- Phideaux Fishing for an off-shore trip to remember The Whalehead Club Oregon Inlet to watch the charter boats bring in their catch
- Any local restaurant... eat up!
- The beach at night to hunt ghost crabs and watch the stars.
Monday, July 16, 2012