Scotty McCreery - Feelin It - Outer Banks of NC
North Carolina native and the youngest male winner in the Fox's hit show American Idol's history, Scotty McCreery was on the Outer Banks in June of 2014 shooting his official music video for his single "Feelin' It."
The American Idol star's video epitomizes summers on North Carolina's Outer Banks with clips from many well-known spots on the OBX. During the music video, he visits several landmarks including Jennette's Pier, Bodie Island Lighthouse and Dune Burger located on the beach road in Nags Head. He's also seen hanging out with his friends and kayaking on the sound side and cruising down NC 12 in a Jeep Wrangler.
When McCrerry and his film crew visited Bodie Island Lighthouse during production, they spent several hours filming to get the perfect clips for the music video. He's seen standing at the top of the lighthouse with a girl, running down the spiral staircase, and hanging out in front of the 150+ foot all-brick structure.
The Outer Banks Voice reported that "The star tells us he and his family have enjoyed vacationing here on the OBX all his life, and it felt like a perfect fit for bringing his ode to summer to life on screen," Nettles said in an e-mail. "Aaron Tuell, Lorrie Love and the Outer Banks Visitors Bureau staff provided logistics assistance and orientation for the producers and nearly 30-person production in the days leading up to the filming."
The music video was directed by Emmy award winner Roman White who's known for creating some pretty amazing videos for country music artists. He shared some tips on the Outer Banks a few years back when he was still a contestant on American Idol.
- Stack 'em High is a great spot for huge chocolate chip pancakes.
- Pizzazz Pizza is a fantastic choice for an OBX pie.
- Jockey's Ridge is a great spot to see the OBX sights from above.
- Don't be afraid to try hang gliding from Jockey's Ridge! Kitty Hawk Kites will hook you up… literally.
- Best OBX spot to relax? The beach and the ocean, of course! Don't forget your fishing pole.
- The Outer Banks is the perfect spot to bring the extended family back together….all you need is "family and a couple beach towels."
Without further ado.... Here is Scotty McCrerry's music video for "Feelin' It" filmed on North Carolina's Outer Banks.
Friday, September 19, 2014