Seaside Vacations Lists the Top 10 Reasons to Celebrate the Holidays on the Outer Banks
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Seaside Vacations, a leading vacation rental company located on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, lists the top 10 reasons to celebrate the holidays on the Outer Banks.
Situated on a 100-mile stretch of barrier islands off the coast of North Carolina, the pristine beaches of the Outer Banks have become a well-known family vacation destination. In addition to their picturesque beaches, they’re well known for our historic landmarks and cultural interests, charming shops, fine restaurants and family-friendly attractions.
And while they may be well known as a top summer vacation destination, the Outer Banks is also a fabulous location for year-round vacations – even in the winter! Discover why off season vacations on the Outer Banks are full of comfort and joy.
- It will be a holiday tradition you and your family will cherish forever. Skip the crowded airports. Stop fighting over whose house will host the holiday dinner this year. Start a new family tradition by coming together to celebrate the holiday season and make the
Outer Banks your home-away-from-home. After all, some of your family's best memories could be made here.
- On the Outer Banks, your winter blues will simply melt away. No matter the time of year, you'll find that it is always a great time to be on the Outer Banks. The Outer Banks typically has mild weather year-round with the ocean waters staying warm through November and then warming up again in May.
- Playing in the sand vs. playing in the snow. Escape the snowdrifts for a holiday celebration where the sandcastles are three stories tall. While winter everywhere else is cold and bleak, the Outer Banks enjoys moderate temperatures all winter long – with temperatures rarely dropping below freezing.
- Flip flops are welcome year round. Visit the Outer Banks during the off season and you’ll discover who the locals truly are. On the Outer Banks, it’s never too chilly for your favorite pair of flops.
- Out of season vacations = out of your mind prices. Discounted prices and services are easy to find during the off-season, and less-crowded shops and restaurants means a calmer, easier vacation atmosphere. You can also find good deals on Outer Banks winter rentals, with amazingly low rates.
- No crowds. Enough said.
The Outer Banks is home to a huge variety of quaint shops, upscale boutiques, and fine art galleries. Or, if you’re looking for some great bargains, there’s always the Tanger Outlet Center in Nags Head, which offers 25 factory outlets, including such brand names as Polo Ralph Lauren, GAP, Eddie Bauer, Nautica, Nine West, Gymboree, Coach, J.Crew and more! Whatever kind of gift you’re looking for, we’re sure to have it.
- Unwind after your holiday feast in a relaxing hot tub. With an Outer Banks vacation rentals from Seaside Vacations, you will enjoy fully furnished and well-equipped accommodations – some with state-of-the-art amenities like gourmet kitchens with professional appliances, recreation rooms, plasma televisions (perfect for watching college football bowl games) and more.
- Holiday shows, concerts, open houses and more! The holiday season on the Outer Banks is something to behold! From the annual “Kites with Lights” to the “Festival of Trees,” our barrier island comes alive with festive Outer Banks events that set the stage for lots of fun holiday cheer.
- It doesn’t matter where you spend the holidays, Santa travels everywhere!
For more information on an off season vacation with Seaside Vacations, please visit www.OuterBanksVacations.com.
About Seaside Vacations:
Founded in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina in 1990, Seaside Vacations is a full-service vacation rental management company representing homes from Corolla to Nags Head.
Seaside Vacations offers a complete selection of Outer Banks vacation rentals. Guests can choose from 1 - 10-bedroom private vacation rental homes, condominiums, townhomes and villas. Explore our homes in Duck and Corolla as well as numerous vacation rentals in Southern Shores, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills and Nags Head.
For more information on Seaside Vacations and their wide selection of vacation rentals, visit www.OuterBanksVacations.com or call one a Vacation Specialist at 877.346.8231.