Top 10 Favorite Homes For Viewing Fireworks
by Jessie S.
Undoubtably, the 4th of July week is one of the most fun weeks to visit the Outer Banks. Independence Day is a day of celebration and patriotic pride. A time for friends and family to cook out, decorate everything in red, white, and blue, and embrace summer as the fireworks light up the night sky. And if you love fireworks, you need to book a vacation now because seeing fireworks over the ocean is an experience unlike any other!
Whether you like go to your favorite beach access or you prefer just sitting out on your ocean view deck, the fireworks show in the OBX is one that you just can’t get in the city. You’ll enjoy the comradery between you and your neighbors as you both cheer for an especially impressive blast. You’ll appreciate the roar of people up and down the beach clapping for the finale. And you’ll love feeling like a kid again as you celebrate, totally bewildered by the impressive display in the sky. If you want a front row seat to this year’s fireworks displays, here are our Top 10 Favorite Homes For Viewing Fireworks:
Homes in Kill Devil Hills
The town of Kill Devil Hills shoots off fireworks on July 4th from the Avalon Fishing Pier. Kill Devil Hills oceanfront homes and oceanview homes within a few miles north and south of the pier will have an awesome view!
- Sea Haven: 2 Bedrooms | Oceanfront | Saturday Check-In | Approx. 0.2 Miles from Pier
- Mike’s Beach House: 4 Bedrooms | Semi-Oceanfront | Sunday Check-In | Pool | Approx. 0.4 Miles from Pier
- Starry Nights: 4 Bedrooms | Oceanside | Sunday Check-In | Pet-Friendly | Approx. 0.5 Miles from Pier
- Dolphin’s Watch: 4 Bedrooms | Oceanfront | Sunday Check-In | Pet-Friendly | Approx. 0.6 Miles from Pier
- Sun of a Beach: 3 Bedrooms | Oceanfront | Saturday Check-In | Approx. 0.6 Miles from Pier
- Casa Del Sol #3: 3 Bedrooms | Oceanfront | Sunday Check-In | Town Home | Approx. 0.7 Miles from Pier
- Oceans 11: 2 Bedrooms | Oceanfront | Saturday Check-In | Condo | Approx. 1 Mile from Pier
- Hook-Line & Sinker: 8 Bedrooms | Oceanfront | Saturday Check-In | Pool | Approx. 1.4 Miles from Pier
Homes in Nags Head
The last two houses on the list are located in Nags Head. The town of Nags Head puts on a firework show from the Nags Head Fishing Pier so oceanfront and oceanview homes within a few miles of the pier will have a great view!
- Huron Haven: 6 Bedrooms | Oceanfront | Saturday Check-In | Pet-Friendly | Approx. 0.3 Miles from Pier
- Making Memories: 5 Bedrooms | Oceanside | Saturday Check-In | Pool | Approx. 420 feet from Pier
Remember, the view you have of the fireworks from your Outer Banks beach rental will depend on the height of neighboring houses. Some homes may have an obstructed view, especially those that sit back a row or two off the beach. You can always walk out onto the sand at the nearest beach access for a better view or go directly to the site of one of the many fireworks shows around the OBX (the towns of Manteo and Corolla also have 4th of July fireworks displays!) Luckily, when fireworks are shot up into the sky off the pier, they are visible for a pretty far distance so if you have a tall beach house deck, chances are you'll be able to see them! If you have questions about the location of a particular home, our guest services representatives are happy to help!
Jessie has been coming to the Outer Banks since she was just 5 years old. She loved it here so much that she finally relocated in 2018. Now her mission is to show the world that the Outer Banks is an incredible place that everyone should experience. When she isn't working, you can find Jessie hanging out with her friends, chilling at home with her awesome cat, Yoji, or discovering a new Outer Banks adventure.