Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 and 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- half of an onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley or 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place panko and milk in a large bowl; stir until well combined. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add turkey, onion, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, parsley, salt, sage, and pepper to breadcrumb mixture. Gently mix until well combined. Transfer mixture to a 9 3/4-inch-by-5 3/4-inch loaf pan. Brush top with remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup.
- Transfer meatloaf to oven and bake, draining any accumulated juices as necessary, until it reaches 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately. (Serves 4.)