Steak Pizzaiola Recipe
- 1 3-5 lb. bottom round steak
- 1 bag of tri-colored peppers (fresh or frozen)
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled & quartered
- 2 tbs. oil
- 1 c. flour
- 3 tbs. Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 large crockpot
- Large skillet for searing steak
- Mix flour and seasoning in a giant zip lock bag.
- Completely dredge meat in flour mixture.
- Add oil to a large skillet.
- Brown the meat on all sides.
- Place onions in the bottom of the crockpot. Place meat on top.
- In the same skillet, add peppers until thawed or slightly seared. Add on top of meat.
- Add 1 jar of sauce and pour over peppers in crock pot.
- Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 6 hours. Serve over rice or boiled egg noodles.